Transatlantic Practice Exchange 2018
We would like to give our congratulations to our very own Steven Barkess, who has been awarded a placement on this year’s programme.
Steve is one of only five lucky individuals who will be adventuring to the United States this spring in order to share good practice and exchange learning when working with homelessness and its surrounding issues.
The Transatlantic Practice Exchange 2018 is supported by the Oak Foundation and delivered in partnership with the National Alliance to End Homelessness.
We would also like to extend a warm welcome to Jessica McKown, all the way from Pennsylvania, who will soon be joining us here in the office, hosted by our partners at Expert Citizens.
We look forward to getting to know Jessica during her time with us here in Stoke and hope we can support her in her learning around the impact of co-production.
The UK participants are:
- Ed Addison, St Mungo’s in London – responding to long-term street homelessness through multi-disciplinary outreach
- Flora Newbigin, Cardboard Citizens in London – using theatre to involve people with lived experience
- Rachel Inman, Elim Connect Centre in Wells – peer support and community involvement in rural homelessness settings
- Rachel Woolf, The Manna at St Stephen’s in London – coordinated entry systems in rough sleeping responses
- Steven Barkess, VOICES in Stoke – involving people with lived experience in employment, peer specialist and strategic roles
And from the US:
- Cassy Westmoreland, United Way of Weld County – understanding Housing Act implementation, hosted by the Welsh Local Government Association in Swansea
- Jessica McKown, Allegheny County Dept of Human Services – the impact of co-production on positive outcomes, hosted by Expert Citizens in Stoke
- Lauren Dreyer, Integral Care – coordination and multi-agency working for better outcomes in criminal justice, hosted by Exeter CoLab
- Shahera Hyatt, California Homeless Youth Project – the impact of engaging people experiencing homelessness in the performing arts, hosted by the Booth Centre in Manchester
- Tramecia Garner, Swords to Plowshares – responses to veteran homelessness, hosted by Veterans Aid in London