Alcohol I.B.A. – Identification and Brief Advice
The I.B.A. course is a 3.5 hour session which takes a comprehensive look at various areas of alcohol. Content includes:
- An overview of local drug and alcohol service: CDAS, the services delivered and means of accessing support
- Investigating alcohol form various view points
- The introduction of a nationally used toolkit
- Examples of lived experience from people who have accessed the CDA service
- Introduction of Alchohol Brief Interventions
Delegates will be provided with comprehensive knowledge of units of alcohol, impacts of alcohol upon the mind, body and society; an ability to screen for problematic use using the AUDIT tool and will be able to deliver a Brief Intervention to people who require it. Additionally, delegates will be equipped to confidently refer people who require treatment to CDAS.