Drug Related Deaths: anticipating, preventing and responding
Drug-related deaths: anticipating, preventing and responding
Duration: one day / two modules (online)
2.00pm – 4.00pm
About the course: This isn’t a First Aid or a Naloxone course. It looks at how to identify who is most at risk of drug-related death, how to reduce this risk – to reduce the risk of overdoses happening not just responding to overdoses once they’ve happened.
The course also looks at identifying and responding to critical incidents in relation to opiates and other drugs, and dealing with the aftermath of near misses and fatalities.
The course covers:
• Trends in drug deaths
• Opiates – mechanism of death
• Key risk factors for opiate users
• Screening for risk factors
• Identifying and responding to opiate overdoses
• Other drugs: stimulants, steroids, NPS, solvents – risks and death reduction
Who should attend: Everyone working with ongoing drug use especially opiate users