Introduction to the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017: Voluntary Sector
This one day workshop follows on from the recent Homelessness Reduction Act Briefing and focuses on the changes in legislation and how these will impact on the responsibilities of organisations from the voluntary sector.
The workshop will include:
- preventing homelessness
- finding accommodation when homeless
- rights of people who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness
- help available when expereincing homelessness and how to access support
The focus of the workshop will support your organisation in meeting the needs of people who are:
- released from prison or youth detention
- leaving care
- formerly members of the regular armed forces
- victims of domestic abuse
- leaving hospital
- suffering from mental ill health and / or impairment
- at particular risk of homelessness
Attendees will receive practical handouts to aid in everyday work and a certificate of attendance.
9.00am-9.30am: Arrival and registration
9.30am-4.30pm: Workshop: there will be one moning and one afternoon short break time in addition to the lunch period – buffet is provided*. The event is FREE of charge.
*If you book a ticket and have individual dietary requirements please e mail: [email protected]
Please note: Attendance at this event requires a ticket booking: there are limited places – if you have a colleague that you feel would be interested in attending please forward the link to them and advise that they will need to register their attendance through Eventbrite.