Motivational Interviewing is an effective evidence based approach to overcoming ambivalence. It works on facilitating and engagaing motivation within people in order for them to consider their circumstances and to make positive change.
This is a 2 day learner led course and includes:
- The principles behind motivational interviewing
- Exploring ambivalence and how to reduce resistance and sustain talk
- Analysing what is meant by ‘active listening’
- Describing cycles of change
- Exploring ‘change talk’ and boosting the intrinsic need for change
- Discovering where dangerous assumptions can lead
- Exploring theory of ‘roadblocks’
- Taking part in motivational interviewing
The course is delivered by Steven Talbot Consultancy; Steven has trained people in motivational interview techniques for over eight years and has delivered to social workers, teachers and teaching support, housing officers, support workers, fire and safety officers and mental helath professionals.
The course if FREE to attend and includes lunch.