Respect and Inclusion: a multiple needs version of Equality and Diversity
“It’s just banter!” Respect and Inclusion equips organisations to become beacons of pro-social behaviour – includes films and interaction
To equip all staff with the abilities to recognise disrespectful behaviour and challenge effectively, ensuring your organisation is a beacons of pro-social behaviour.
The learning objectives: By the end of the session, all learners will have:
- Described what is meant by respect and inclusive behaviour
- Explored paradigm shifts and the way in which society reacts to change
- Explained the principles of the Equality Act 2010
- Described the important links between the Equality Act and the Public Sector Equality Duty (if applicable)
- Determined the impact of stereotyping, prejudice and labelling
- Described what is meant by personal responsibility
- Explained pro-social behaviour as coined by Albert Bandura
- Determined how to think rationally rather than ‘reacting’ and ‘feeling’ and engaging in ‘outrage culture’
- Analysed the pitfalls of communication, especially in relation to language and choice of colloquialisms
- Explained the need to be professional and inclusive especially when working within a team
- Demonstrated professionalism and how to challenge inappropriate behaviour.