Staffordshire University Level 3 Award in Mentoring
Accredited Mentoring Programme: One day a week for 12 weeks
This course was co designed by Staffordshire University, Expert Citizens C.I.C. and VOICES. Sessions will be led by University staff and Expert Citizens who have previoulsy completed this course.
There are no examinations – students are required to attend tutorials, group sessions and to complete a workbook.
Who can attend? Individuals who are currenlty in the role of Peer Mentor with VOICES and / or Expert Citizens. This course is not suitable for people who are not currenlty in a mentoring role.
By the end of the course the learner will be able to demonstrate understanding and describe:
- the aims of a peer mentoring relationship
- the potential benefits for participants of peer mentoring
- key aspects of the peer mentoring relationship
- a simple model of mentoring.
- ethics and standards of peer mentoring professional practice
- peer mentoring skills in practice