Understanding Self Injury
What will you learn?
• Be able to define self-injury and understand how it differs from self-harm, suicide and parasuicide
• Be aware of the myths and prejudices surrounding self-injury
• Know about the underlying issues that can cause or trigger self-injury
• Understand the practical and emotional support needs of clients who self-injure and also staff who work closely with them
• Know which interventions work be aware of those that don’t
• Gain greater understanding of clients and staff interventions through case studies
• Have developed an outline for an organisational Self-Injury Policy
• Know about statutory and non-statutory resources for supporting people who self-injure
The course is delivered by Homeless link and is FREE to attend.
Lunch and refreshments provided